Although we are committed to getting kids involved with cooking and more involved with their food, the kitchen can be a dangerous place. For this reason we have devised a code to ensure their safety at all times. Take the time to go through the code with your children so they understand how to stay safe and enjoy themselves.
- Make sure you ask a grown-up before you begin cooking or baking
- Always wash your hands thoroughly before you start to get rid of the nasty germs
- Never go near the hob or oven without a grown-up – it’s hot!
- Be careful of sharp knives and scissors – they can cut!
- Always clean up after you cook – so it will all be ready for next time